Welcome To Mahavidhyalya
Chaman Lal Mahavidhyalaya is a well-known college affiliated to Sri DevSumanuttarakhand University and Uttarakhand Sanskrit university. It was established in September 2013 in the memory of Academician and Social worker Late ShriChamanLal Sharma. It has no affiliation with any sector, religion, political group, or thinking.
Chaman Lal Mahavidhyalya offers comprehensive curriculum over large number of UG programs (B.A., B.SC.,B. COM.,B.lib., B.SC.HOME SCI., B.SC. Agriculture), PG programs ( M.A.., M.SC. & M.COM., M.lib.) as well as PG diploma programs.
These programs offer the students multiple academic pathways. The college has an abiding commitment to create excellent education opportunities for the youth hailing from rural areas, at affordable cost. College also offers free tution fee for girls in graduation courses. College also offers unstinting support for community services, through its social responsibility endeavors.
At present, Chaman Lal Mahavidhyalaya has large number of classrooms, 1 seminar hall, and library, well equipped & computerized laboratories. The campus is equipped with Internet Wi-Fi Facility, parking lot, playground and eco-friendly environment.
TAMSO MA JYOTIRGAMAYH (अंधकार से प्रकाश की ओर) i.e. from Ignorance to Knowledge, True to the motto, our educational endeavor has been to inculcate the spirit of service alongwith professional growth of students. Educationists have visualized education as contributing towards building a society that is characterized by honest, vigilant and responsible citizens. In keeping with this belief, CLM is deeply committed to the goal of creating an educational ethos that fosters the growth of educated, vigilant and socially responsible citizens. Each employee of CLM works tirelessly for creating an environment for all round development of their mental, physical, aesthetic, social and spiritual potentials and generating attitude of integrity, honesty and tolerance so, they give off their very best.
CLM believes that real education is a torch which illuminates the whole world. And in this highly competitive world, CLM’s stated mission is :
- To transform the students to be responsible, dedicated & knowledgeable persons.
- Promote advancement of knowledge through teaching, learning and research.
- To inculcate sense of responsibility, character building, spirit of co-operation and empowerment of women for self-esteem, thought building of equality and strength.
- To impart quality education to help students in developing proficiency and abilities which will further inculcate self-confidence, decision making power & leadership qualities in them.
- Producing not only good professionals but also good citizens of great country.
- To develop the intellectual capacity of students to search for truth and knowledge.
To form social consciousness in them so that they may be capable of fostering good relationship with others.
To offer possibilities by which the students discern their purpose in life
To enhance the human capabilities and potential to the fullest extent and achieve the excellence by enabling students to be more creative and innovative.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR FACULTIES
Faculties are expected to be exemplary in their public and private lives. Their sense of dedication & good behavior at all times should be an inspiration to the students. Faculties are expected to follow the following code of conduct-
- Faculties are expected to be in time.
- Faculty is not to leave the institution campus without prior notice to principal.
- Faculties are expected to be in their classes and are responsible for keeping the class in order in their respective lectures.
- No sitting, while teaching.
- Faculties are expected to come to the institute well dressed, neat and modest.
- No corporal punishment should be given to the students.
- Faculty are required to attend respective duties like practical exam, invigilation duty, escorting the students for journey, and extension activities.
- Faculties are prohibited to show any kind of favoritisms or discrimination in the dealings with the students.
- Faculty members shall leave the institute with loyalty & shall maintain strict confidentiality in all matters relating to/ regarding the institute affairs.